In a range of industries, water or other liquids are required in the production line. Those liquids often contain particles or contaminants that are invisible to our eyes. Therefore, before using them, it's necessary to go through a filtration process.
Filtration is the process of removing and filtering out unwanted particles through cartridges by using force to pressurize the liquid through the filtration.
The objective of filtration is to achieve micro-biological removal and particles removal quality for liquids used in industries in which particles can contaminate products. The particles are mostly found in raw materials or various buffer solutions used in different processes of the production line. The causes of contamination are normally improper cleaning or improper quality control processes.
Filter categorization can be classified into 3 categories:
- Normal Flow Filtration (NFF) is process filtration used in dead-end systems that have vertical flow systems where the solution will follow through filtration and the unwanted particles will be collected on the cartridges. NFF is widely used for the filtration of particles from industrial solutions.
- Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) or Cross Flow Filtration is a process of filtration that uses a horizontal flow system, where the flow of filtration will be parallel with the cartridge filter. TFF process filtration will filter out particles on the surface of cartridges and will be removed afterwards. It's widely used for buffer exchange, concentration, and clarification.
The filtration can be categorized into 2 types:
- Filtration that is suitable for risk-free to low-risk production, in which the process filtration will not affect the product's quality and does not directly get in contact with the product
- Filtration that is suitable for medium risk production, where it will not affect the product quality. Commonly used with industrial tools and production systems.
- Filtration that is suitable for high-risk products, as the usage of this filtration will directly affect the product. It is commonly used to filter out particles in the final product or the industrial tools that directly contact with final products
The required characteristic of filtration:
- Disk Filter and Holder is considered screen shape filtration. Process liquid filtration has a diameter of around 13-293 millimeters. However, a holder that has more weight and larger sizes are not commonly used anymore, as new technology creates lighter and smaller disks and holders. However, an integrity test is still required to prevent the risk of damage and contamination caused by improper equipment.
- Cartridges can be separated into depth cartridges, from the material, if the cartridges made from low-price and thick material. It's a cartridge filter which commonly used in particles removal. Pleated cartridges are cartridge filters that folds into layers that are more intricate than other types of cartridges or filtration, hence the higher the price. Pleated cartridges are commonly used in micro-biological removal or pre-filtration.
The consideration upon choosing filtration:
- Filtration must be able to filter out unwanted particles from liquids and industrial solutions
- Non-product binding
- Does not create more particles in the specified liquids or solution, including creating any reaction or compatibility with specified liquids during its process.
- The attributes of liquids or solutions used in production units
- The difference in filtration for different procedures
- Differences in the working environment
Domnick Hunter-RL (Thailand) is a long-standing distributor of Parker Domnick's process filtration. Our liquid filter has been precisely developed and designed to enhance the filtration performance for larger yields, and to prevent the untimely clogging in filtration. Our process filtration can be used in various industrial processes, in every flow rate, and have longer lifespans. They can be used in chemical and petroleum procession, and drinks industries that required pre-filtration or micro-biological removal from the juices. Also included are electronic industries and medical industries that can use to filter out contaminants in medicine materials
Parker Domnick certainly has process filtration that can satisfy your specification and all-rounded uses in various industries!